Dental implants are used to replace missing, natural teeth. They are engineered to imitate the natural structure and function of teeth, delivering a secure and enduring resolution for individuals experiencing tooth loss. Dental implants comprise a titanium post surgically embedded into the jawbone, an abutment linking the post to the replacement tooth, and a tailor-made crown that matches the color and shape of the neighboring teeth.
The Significance of Bone Grafting in Dental Implants
In situations where the jawbone lacks adequate density or volume to support dental implants, bone grafting may become necessary. Bone grafting involves the addition of bone material to the deficient section of the jawbone. This stimulates bone regeneration and establishes a robust foundation to facilitate successful implant placement. The bone grafting process generally necessitates several months for proper healing and integration before dental implant surgery can be performed.
Advantages of Dental Implants:
- Enhanced Oral Function: This treatment restores the ability to chew, bite and speak effectively, enabling comfortable and efficient oral functioning.
- Improved Aesthetic Appeal: Possessing a natural appearance and seamlessly blending with adjacent teeth, dental implants produce an aesthetically pleasing outcome, augmenting the overall beauty of the smile.
- Long-Term Resilience: Dental implants are intended as a permanent solution to missing teeth. With appropriate care and maintenance, they can endure a lifetime.
- Preserved Jawbone Health: Chewing and using your teeth and mouth promotes good jawbone health. By replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant, you help to preserve your facial structure, which prevents the sagging or sunken look that may arise due to bone deterioration.
- Restored Confidence and Self-Esteem: Dental implants empower individuals to smile, speak and eat without apprehension, reinstating their self-assurance and enhancing their overall quality of life.
For more information about dental implants in Albuquerque, New Mexico, contact TruCare Dental at 505-369-0074 to meet with our dentists and schedule a one-on-one meeting with Dr. Andrea Patterson, Dr. Kendra Velázquez or Dr. Margo Rainey.